The following tutorial will provide you with step-by-step instructions to install IPTV on Roku for your live streaming needs.
Because Roku uses a closed source system, we must “sideload” IPTV onto this device for use.
This will require the use of a computer in order to download the IPTV app file and add it to your Roku streaming device.
TROYPOINT always recommends using an Android-powered device such as a Firestick or Fire TV because of its open-source system.
However, for those wanting to watch live tv on Roku, we can use the workaround below to install IPTV on your device for all your live viewing needs.
Before you install IPTV on Roku, you will need an IPTV Service and the service’s Server URL.
You can always find a complete list of working IPTV Services on the TROYPOINT IPTV Resource Page.
Best IPTV Services
There are also a ton of Legal IPTV Services available in the Roku Channel Store available for installation.
Once you have your IPTV Service login information, we can install IPTV Smarters onto our Roku device for streaming.
IPTV Smarters is one of the Best IPTV Players that is compatible with hundreds of IPTV Services that use a Server URL.
It is currently available for use on Firestick, Android TV Box, and now Roku.
Because it is compatible with numerous devices and works fabulously for live content, we have included IPTV Smarters in our list of Best Roku Channels.
If you are using another IPTV Player such as TiviMate, you can also view IPTV by casting to your Roku device.
How to Cast to Roku
While casting IPTV is a reliable way to stream IPTV on Roku, the method below works best for viewing live tv.
Use the instructional guide below to install IPTV on Roku.
TROYPOINT TIP: The best way to get the most out of your Roku device is by “jailbreaking” it for access to tons of streaming options.
While Roku does have a closed source system, we can still unlock the device using the workaround below.
IPTV on Roku Installation Guide
The following instructions will show you to install IPTV on Roku Streaming Stick+.
However, these instructions for installing IPTV on Roku will also work for any device variation you prefer.
1. Open your Roku device and click the following buttons on your remote:
- Home button 3 times
- Followed by the Up button twice
- Then Right button once
- Left button once
- Right button once
- Left button once
- Right button once
2. This will then launch the “Developer Options” screen
IMPORTANT: You must make note of the provided URL that we will use later.
In this instance, the URL is http://192.168.1.22. Yours will be different
Click Enable installer and restart
3. Scroll down and click I Agree to Developer Tools License Agreement
4. When prompted, enter a PIN Number of your choice and click Set password and reboot
5. Your device will restart
6. Enter the Developer Settings prompt again (Step 1) to make sure Developer settings are enabled
7. We will now open a browser on our computer and go to my.roku.com. Enter your account information and click Sign in
8. Choose Add channel with a code
9. Type iptvsmarters and click Add channel
10. Click OK
11. Click Yes, add channel
12. Next, we must install IPTV Smarters file onto our computer for upload.
On your browser type, troypoint.com/rokuiptv and the file will install
13. We will now go to the IP URL from above on our browser and Sign In with username: rokudev and password we created earlier
14. Click Upload
15. Choose the previously downloaded IPTV Smarters file
16. Click Install
17. You will then encounter Application Installed Screen
18. Return to your Roku Device where the application will automatically launch
19. Enter your IPTV login credentials and click Login. Enjoy!
That’s it! You can now enjoy IPTV on Roku with IPTV Smarters. Enjoy!
VPN on Roku
When streaming IPTV on Roku or any streaming device, we always suggest a VPN.
A VPN will encrypt your connection and make your online streaming activity completely anonymous.
Best of all, your information will be hidden from app developers, Internet Service Providers, and more.
While there is no real way to install VPN on Roku, we can still protect our privacy when using this device.
The best way to do so is by installing VPN on Router.
This will ensure all devices connected to your internet are completely secure including your Roku.
Stay up-to-date with the latest news, streaming tips, and more by following the TROYPOINT Advisor with updates weekly.
This Advisor provides all the best cord-cutting tips to get the most out of your favorite streaming devices and more.
Click the link below to join the other 500,000 Advisor subscribers.
IPTV on Roku FAQ
Can I play IPTV on Roku?
Yes. This instructional guide will show you How to Install IPTV on Roku.
Does Roku have IPTV Smarters?
Yes. This guide will provide you with step-by-step instructions to install IPTV Smarters on Roku.
Is IPTV illegal?
There are some IPTV Services that do not carry the proper licensing. However, many IPTV Services are legal.
How do I get IPTV on Roku?
You can cast a mobile device to Roku for streaming IPTV or sideload the app with these instructions.